Position: Head of e-Gaming Development
Location: Isle of Man
As part of the business development team, to be responsible for the external business development and marketing focus of the Division in order that it efficiently and effectively achieves its and the DED’s objectives.
The primary objectives of the Division are:
- Develop strategies to assist the competitiveness and offering of the Isle of Man in conjunction with the private sector
- Support existing eGaming businesses located on the Island to ensure their continued development;
- Seek out and encourage new eGaming companies to establish a presence in the Isle of Man;
- Raise awareness of the Isle of Man through marketing and promotional activities;
- Enhance where possible the Island’s competitive proposition;
- Identify and facilitate opening of new geographic and related sector markets.
The post will have a lead responsibility for e-Gaming.
Reporting Framework: The role holder will report to the Director of E-Business development
Duties and Key Accountabilities:
- Have input to the development of a broad but practical marketing strategy.
2. Political Interface
- Where appropriate prepare for the Director of eBusiness development, or other senior officers, reports to provide appropriate recommendations to DED and through DED to other Ministers and Departments showing political awareness, sensitivity and judgement
- Ensure, when travelling with political accompaniment on trips abroad to represent Isle of Man, maximum value is gained and all appropriate protocols are adhered to
3. Divisional Teamwork
- Contribute with the team to ensure efficient and effective delivery of Divisional plans and contribution to delivery of DED business objectives
- Work within the team to help create a motivated and effective working environment
4. Resource Management
- Give thorough consideration to all proposals and business cases in relation to income and expenditure and financial propriety before submission to Director of eBusiness development for authorisation
- Be cognisant of, and address the financial resource implications of own actions, including value for money issues
- Take responsibility for client relationship management and contact case-load
5. Sales and Marketing
- Develop and coordinate an appropriate programme of business promotional activity consistent with the needs of the specific area of allocated responsibility and geographical remit.
- Participate in the sales and marketing activities of the Division contributing areas of expertise where applicable
- Take a lead role in representing and promoting the Isle of Man overseas by actively seeking opportunities to address international conferences and meeting with board level executives of companies to induce business or relocation
- Represent the Government at meetings with overseas government officials, regulators, Ambassadors and international trade associations such as Chambers of Commerce
- Assist with the gathering of market intelligence on jurisdictions considered to be competitors and jurisdictions that afford opportunities to market into
6. Business Development
- Contribute to the development of business facilitating legislation and regulation by looking for creative ideas to maintain the competitive position of the Isle of Man
- Project manage and undertake calling programmes, as agreed with Director of eBusiness development, targeting intermediaries or other channels depending on the most suitable access to clients within agreed geographical target areas
- Project manage and undertake sponsorship arrangements at international conferences relevant to the business objectives of the Division, on occasions with representatives from industry
- Under supervision of the Director of eBusiness development, take any opportunities to meet international media journalists to promote the Isle of Man
- Introduce any contacts made to Director of eBusiness development and Island's Marketing department and appointed PR firm
8. Industry Liaison
- Work with Director of eBusiness development, and/or in accordance with Business Plan to develop relationships with local industry representatives
- On specified projects work closely with local trade associations acting as liaison between Government and industry, chairing joint meetings where appropriate and developing and managing joint strategies
9. Cross - Government Team Work
- Where appropriate seek opportunities to encourage joint promotional events and activities across other business sectors and across Government
- Liaise at appropriate officer level with other Divisions and Departments to encourage cooperation on joint activities or participation in events
- Work closely with Director of eBusiness development to provide a strong management team
- Maintain activity reports and database tracking systems to required standards and timeliness and produce routine and ad hoc reports as required by Director of eBusiness development to support strategic and operational management decisions
- Undertake other project work which may be assigned from time to time.
Further details, including a job description and person specification can be obtained from Jonathan Mills, Director of e-Business Development, Isle of Man Government- firstname.lastname@example.org or through the online application form here.
In the first instance please submit a copy of your CV with your application by June 23rd 2017, together with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this opportunity and how you would approach the role.
To stay up to date with the latest industry developments and employment opportunities, sign up to our free newsletter, the Daily News Review from Gaming Intelligence.