Canadian Gaming Association expands board of directors12th December 2022 10:41 am GMT
The Canadian Gaming Association has elected five new members to the board of directors, expanding its leadership to 18 members.
The five new directors were elected at the Canadian Gaming Association’s (CGA) annual general meeting on December 7 and replace outgoing members David Flinn, Bob Parente, and George Sweny, whose term limits have expired.
Bruce Caughill, former Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario chief legal officer and current managing director of Rush Street Interactive in Canada joins the CGA board alongside Playtech head of regulatory affairs Charmaine Hogan, NS Sports general manager Mark Harper, and FanDuel Canada general manager Dale Hooper.
Also elected to the board are Niaz Nejad, senior vice president and head of marketing for U.S. and Canada at Aristocrat Gaming, and Scott Vanderwel, chief executive of PointsBet Canada.
“Given this unprecedented time of growth in the Canadian gaming industry, the CGA Board of Directors has been amplified by five new members,” said Ilkim Hincer, chair of the CGA Board and chief legal officer at Hard Rock International. “Increased representation is important to ensure that the work of the board reflects the diverse needs of Canadian gaming. I look forward to continued collaboration with the board as we work together to shape a progressive environment that enables this industry to succeed.”
Paul Burns, president and CEO of the CGA, added: “We welcome Charmaine, Bruce, Niaz, Mark, Dale, and Scott to the CGA board and believe their experience will help the Association launch its new strategic plan to guide our growth and development over the next several years. Their subject matter expertise and professional skill set make them ideally suited to lead the CGA at this exceptional time, as we are evolving our way of working to meet the needs and be of service to our members, while driving our mission forward.”
The 2022/23 CGA board of directors consists of:
- Scott Burton, CEO, FansUnite Entertainment Inc.
- Danielle Bush, Counsel, McCarthy Tetrault, LLP
- Bruce Caughill, Managing Director (Canada) Rush Street Interactive
- Dean Ehrlich, Executive Vice President & Games Business Leader, Everi
- Neil Erlick, Chief Corporate Development Officer, Nuvei
- Jeffrey Haas, Chief Revenue Officer, AtomicHub.io
- Mark Harper, General Manager, NS Sports Media
- Ilkim Hincer, EVP & Chief Legal Officer, Hard Rock International
- Charmaine Hogan, Head of Regulatory Affairs, Playtech
- Dale Hooper, General Manager, FanDuel Canada
- Chuck Keeling, EVP, Stakeholder Relations & Responsible Gaming, Great Canadian Entertainment
- Carrie Kormos, Chief Marketing & Communication Officer, Gateway Casinos & Entertainment
- Adriane McGrath, Vice President, Business Development, Konami Gaming Inc.
- Niaz Nejad, SVP and Head of Marketing, US and Canada, Aristocrat Gaming
- Rob Scarpelli, Managing Director, HLT Advisory Inc.
- Richard Taylor, President, Niagara Casinos
- Scott Vanderwell, CEO, PointsBet Canada
- Shelley White, President & CEO, Responsible Gambling Council