New York-listed Scientific Games, doing business as Light & Wonder, has completed the sale of its lottery business to Brookfield Business Partners for $5.8bn.
The sale marks a major milestone in transforming the company and its balance sheet following a strategic review last year, and allows Scientific Games to focus its [...]
Las Vegas-based digital gaming investment firm Tekkorp Capital has established a new advisory arm, which will be headed up by former William Hill Online CEO Crispin Nieboer.
With a track record of investing in fast-growing and innovative companies, Tekkorp is now offering advisory services to its clients, including M&A, strategic and [...]
Oslo-listed gaming supplier Gaming Innovation Group (GiG) has completed the acquisition of iGaming platform provider Sportnco for €51.4m.
Following the signing of a Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) to acquire Sportnco last December, GiG has now received the necessary approvals from relevant authorities to complete the deal.
GiG has paid €51.4m to acquire [...]
European online betting and gaming operator Novibet has agreed a deal to go public on the Nasdaq stock exchange through a merger with special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) Artemis Strategic Investment.
The agreement gives Novibet a pre-transaction enterprise valuation of $625m and will see existing Novibet stakeholders hold approximately 75 per [...]
New York-listed casino operator Boyd Gaming has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Pala Interactive from the Pala Band of Mission Indians for $170m.
The acquisition will advance Boyd’s iGaming strategy, with Pala Interactive’s technology comprising a player management system, casino, poker, sports, and social casino platform, and a full [...]
Online betting and gaming operator 888 Holdings has agreed a strategic investment to grow its presence in regulated markets in Africa.
888 has partnered with a team of industry veterans to establish 888Africa, a new joint venture in which 888 will hold an initial minority stake.
The joint venture will be led [...]
New York-listed digital identity verification specialist Mitek Systems has acquired UK-based know your customer (KYC) technology provider HooYu for £98m.
The all cash acquisition provides Mitek a solution to indentify customers by linking biometric verification with real-time bureau and sanction database checks.
“Having a single platform that easily orchestrates and configures a [...]
Stockholm-listed online gaming affiliate Better Collective has moved to strengthen its position in the Canadian affiliate market with the acquisition of Sports Betting Canada.
Better Collective will pay up to €21.4m to acquire the assets of Sports Betting Canada, with €15.9m due up-front and a deferred earn-out of €5.5m payable subject [...]
Malta-based iGaming supplier EveryMatrix has made its second acquisition in the game development space with a new investment in London-based studio Jelly Entertainment.
Jelly marks EveryMatrix’s second studio investment after acquiring a stake in Stockholm-listed LL Lucky Games in May last year.
The acquisition will see Jelly titles integrated with EveryMatrix’s SlotMatrix aggregation [...]
New York-listed social gaming operator SciPlay has agreed a deal to acquire mobile games developer Alictus.
SciPlay will pay $100m in cash to acquire an initial 80 per cent stake in the Turkish studio and will increase its shareholding over the next five years, acquiring the remaining 20 per cent in [...]
International Game Technology's Italian subsidiary IGT Lottery has signed an agreement to sell its payments business to e-money institution PostePay for €700 million.
The transaction includes IGT's LIS Holding and LISPAY businesses, which operate as PUNTOLIS and offer top-up services for web accounts and bill payment services through a network of [...]
iGaming supplier Greentube has acquired Italy's Admiral Sport from parent company Novomatic.
Admiral Sport has been operated by Novomatic Italia since 2012, providing Italian players with the AdmiralYes online betting and gaming site, as well as a retail network of more than 100 sports betting locations across the country.
AdmiralYes will be [...]